We still Hope
Hi guys! What are your tips and tricks for packing a hospital stay bag that makes you more comfortable? If you can, also include a short checklist of what you usually take with you when you have to be admitted. Because of a recent change in health, I've decided to pre-pack a little bag in case of emergencies that a family member can grab for me in the event that I need to be admitted.
Some thing I always try to take with me that could be helpful are:
Hope this helps
throw (its quilted and the perfect size for a hospital bed)
For my hospital stay bag I usually try to pack a notebook, my laptop to watch netflix to try and distract myself, my pain journal so they know everything and I can answer any question they have, Some comfortable clothes, and a comfort item so I don't get lonely and homesick too soon.
Hope it helps, for me it does. Specially the comfort item I hate hospitals I always feel like a trapped animal.
-cell phone, charger and headphones
- wear comfy clothes or a hoodie (for comfort)
Sometimes I bring a blanket. My mom will go and bring under garments for me if I get admitted. I don’t like to take much
I know this is an old thread, but I'll still add to it in case anyone else is looking for suggestions. Here is a list of what I bring with me:
- A list of all my current medications
- My rosary and Bible
- Journal and Pens
- Cell phone with charger
- iPod with charger and headphones
- NintindoDS with games and charger
- Candy and mints (I'm always hungry)
- Comfortable 'going home' clothes
- Knitting, tatting or any small craft project (I know I'm getting better based on how much I can get done)