do you cry like me when you have a very bad crisis ?

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was diagnosed with sickle cell at the age of 4. I am 36 now so I have had many years to adjust to the painful crisis however, I do have those moments when the pain gets so bad that tears roll down my face. It's a hard and unpredictable disease.
Yes...I always have. I try to be 'strong', but sometimes it's so intense that crying is the only outlet...if not I think I will implode.
Scars that bind
Tears that fasten me to u
Our pain unites us
So be true to this emotion
live without shame your wounds
Carry your head high as the tears flow.
Let the tears fall and express your pain
without reservation, without regret
because the more we share our pain
the closer we become.
Pain shared is real, true, pure
I can’t fake pain, so why do I try to hide the most true part of who I am?
Why are we so ashamed of that which makes us most human?
Why do we hide our tears and fears and put on a mask that is not us?
Void of pretense pain exists to connect us, it exists to remind us, it exists to unite us.

So live your pain
Live it out loud
Let the tears fall
No shame.
I have come to believe that when i am in extreme pain, sometimes the tears help ease that. it feels like letting go of some of the pain.
when the pain's real bad you can't control how you feel, i sometimes dont even realize am crying and moaning and sometimes if its too intense on the verge of screaming
Hell yea i cry
but dont tell anyone lol
I've cried also sometimes from anger though because of a doctor not believing my pain.
I cry out like hell.........
I say I know what the pains feel like; however everytime my daughters in pain, I am in pain just knowing that there is nothing that i can do to take that pain away, a pray, I fast, I hold myself together to just be there and seem strong for her, as I step into the hall , I cry and cry and call out as the nurse look at me to say what her problem but can they see I am a mother of a child to which I can not help while she is in pain. Hell I am less of a mother.
I try not to cos men are pose to be macho and manly, but i do!! lol, just like dave said
I try not to, but there are times when you just cant help it. I'm really good at "hiding" my pain. It comes from my mother lol as a child and even now she gets really panicky when I have crisis so for her sake I've kind of learned to smile through the pain. It gets to the point though that my family and friends are sometimes like "I don't think you have to go to the hospital", "you don't look like your in pain" cause unless its like level 9-10 pain I try not to react to the pain. My friends are always shocked when I'm in the hospital cause they will be like WHAT I just say you yesterday you were laughing and smiling.

It kind of annoys me now when I say I'm in pain but because I'm not in a little ball crying people don't believe me. Trust me I've learned the skill of being in like 5-8 pain and make it seem like I'm 100% ok.
Hey Nana, I'm with you on this, I am very good at hiding my pain as well. Everybody's pain tolerance is different. We probably have a high pain tolerance naturally, lol. But I am the same way, I am good at masking it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Ade Dotun.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service